Tuesday, August 12, 2008

baby smick is here!






Emi was born @ 5:16pm. She weighed 6 lbs 10 oz and measured 19.8 in.


We were scheduled to be induced on Monday and Emi must have knew that, that wasn't the way she wanted to come into our world :)

I began having contractions Sunday night at about 11:30pm and stuck it out til about 3:00am and we called the hospital letting them know that my labor began, once the contractions were strong enough for me we headed to the hospital at 6:30am, I was admitted and already 3 cm dilated by 7:20am. It was such an amazing experience for my body. After trying my best to breath and relax I got an epidural at about noon time. The epidural was such a good choice for me, and it didn't slow my labor down like I was afraid of. Between 1:45-4pm I did some pushing and resting. At 4:15pm my dr. arrived and Emi was born at 5:16pm We were all doing well and then I began to lose a lot of blood. So the night was quite stressful for me but we were happy to have a healthy baby girl.

Erich has been doing such a great job with being with the baby and attending to her needs and mine since I was really not in good shape. I am feeling MUCH better today!Here are some pics of our baby girl, more later!

6 comments:

Maureen Hallock said...

Welcome to the world, Emi! You are so loved by everyone already. You are so adorable and we cannot wait to meet you!

Love,
Auntie Maureen and Unckie Joe Hallock

yeungem said...

Congrats Mom and Dad! Baby Emi is gorgeous. I hope you are doing better Mama!

Carrie said...

Congrats!!!! What a cutie pie!!! Mom and Dad much love and luck as you begin your new family.

Lady Lam said...

Emi is so beautiful. Good job you two! Rest easy, and please let us know if we can be of help. Good job Erich!! I can't wait to meet her. I'm so proud of you!!

Emily said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Emi! She is absolutely lovely, just like her mom and dad! We are so excited to meet her when we get back! (btw, I accidentally said she weighed 16 lbs. 10 oz. in my message to Cascade; luckily Shelley and Harvey noticed it, and I sent a retraction asap!) :) See you all soon!
Love,
Em and Mark

Unknown said...

Congrats! We are so happy for you. Emi is lovely and I am sure that she is loved by everyone.
Carrie, rest more during your maternity.

Best,
Brenda from Hong Kong